Recent developments in the legal field in Turkey include the following:
- The Capital Market Board has introduced a regulation on gold futures and options traded in the Istanbul Gold Exchange.
- Parliament has approved agreements on mutual encouragement and protection of investments with Belarus, Pakistan, Lithuania and the Czech Republic.
- The Ministry of State in charge of foreign trade has issued a regulation on principles and methods applicable in determining export quotas and tariffs within the context of measures to be taken unilaterally or in compliance with bilateral or multilateral agreements.
- The Council of Ministers has approved the economic cooperation agreement with Bosnia-Herzegovina and agreements with Albania and Macedonia to prevent double taxation.
- The Council of Ministers issued a Decree allowing importation of used cars and other used items which make a long list, by those persons who, irrespective of nationality, open an account in the Turkish Agricultural Bank, depositing at least Dm50,000 (US$33,000) or its equivalent with a one-year term of maturity.
Dr Hasan Nerad
© 2021 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQs.