Download the brochure here
9.35 Welcome Remarks
9.45 Securities market in India: an overview
- Introduction and assessment of capital markets in the last year
- Policy and legal updates in the past 12 months
- Challenges and opportunities in the new policy and legal initiatives
- Trends and outlook for securities market in 2019
Mohit Saraf , senior partner, L&L Partners ( chair )
Ipsita Dutta , executive director, Morgan Stanley
Ranjan Sharma , director - head of India equity capital markets, UBS India
Nishant Sharma , co-founder & partner, Kedaraa Capital
Gesu Kaushal , executive director and co-head corporate finance, Kotak Investment Bank
Manan Lahoty , partner, L&L Partners
10.45 Indian equity market environment: IPO Trends
- IPO overview of 2018: deal flow, market dynamics and key events
- Regulatory update: focus on better corporate governance and ease of doing deals
- Deal making in the choppy/volatile year ahead: key factors to consider
- Key trends and primary market outlook for 2019
Nikhil Naredi , partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas ( chair )
Abhijit Vaidya , executive director & co-head - equity corporate finance, Kotak Mahindra Capital
Kartikeya Kaji , principal, Kedaara Capital Advisors
Prashant Gupta , partner & national practice head, capital markets, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas
11.45 Networking and coffee break
12.05 An update on Reits and InvITs
- A review on Reits and InvITS in the past year
- Sebi's amended regulation: to facilitate growth?
- The need for a regulatory framework to ensure transparency and high governance standards
Varoon Chandra , partner, AZB & Partners ( chair )
Stephen Peepels , partner and head of US securities, Hogan Lovells
Swati Mandava , vice president, investments, Brookfield Asset Management
Pragati Kumar , vice president, assistant general counsel, JP Morgan
Raghwendra Pande , senior vice president, ICICI Securities
Madhurima Mukherjee , partner, AZB & Partners
13.05 Networking Lunch
14.05 The international bond markets in 2019
- When will high-yield come back?
- The rise of Green bonds and current status of Masala bonds.
- Listing venues: what are the considerations?
David Cameron , capital markets partner, Dorsey & Whitney ( chair )
Niloufer Lam , partner, ZBA
Alexander Imseeh , fixed income product specialist, London Stock Exchange Group
Hardik Dalal , director, Barclays
Madhur Agarwal , head, debt capital markets and market sales, India, JP Morgan
15.05 Foreign Portfolio Investor Regime
- Why are foreign investments on the rise, despite a slowing economy?
- FPI Reform: what to look out for
- Simplifying the Foreign Investment Reporting Process
- A look into Sebi's decision to classify 'beneficial owners'
- Reforms in foreign investment - what more needs to be done for a path to a win-win situation
Avijit Banerjee , CEO & managing director, Argon Capital Advisors ( chair )
Laurence Van der Loo , director - technology and operations, ASIFMA
Nidhi Parekh senior vice president, Citigroup
Lakha Nair , senior vice president - corporate finance, investment banking, Axis Capital
Vaisshali Babu , senior vice president - head of products and market intelligence, BNP Paribas Securities Services India
16.05 Networking and coffee
16.25 Conducting due diligence
- Disclosure and due diligence requirements to be aware of
- What happens if an Indian issuer defaults?
- Cross border transactions: business etiquette and working with multiple jurisdictions
- How can corporate governance norms for listed companies be effectively enforced?
Hitesh Mandot , senior vice president & co-head - capital markets execution, ICICI Securities ( chair )
Sujaya Moghepadhye , senior vice president and co-head execution, equity capital markets, Edelweiss Financial Services
Nitin Bhuwania , AVP - legal, Piramal Capital & Housing Finance
Neeta Sanghavi , head - legal, Avendus Capital
17.25 End of conference
17.45 - 19.15 Exclusive cocktail sponsor Dorsey & Whitney