9.35 Welcome Remarks
9.45 Indian Market: review and forecast
- Deal flow for the past 12 months
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code Update; M&A and Private Equity Activity
- Legal and regulatory update: India and international considerations
Mohit Saraf, senior partner, L&L Partners ( moderator )
Manisha Girotra , CEO, Moelis & Company
Rajeev Gupta , founder & director, Arpwood Capital
Nilanjan Sinha , head - Legal, India and South East Asia, ICICI Bank
Shantanu Nalavadi , managing director, India RF Piramal Enterprises
Nidhi Parekh, senior vice president - IB/CMO Legal, Citigroup
10.35 How the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code will dictate M&A in India
- How will the IBC and domestic consolidation affect M&A trends in India in 2018?
- What progress been made in the past 12 months, and what have been the teething issues concerning the IBC?
- The availability of stressed corporate assets and how it will lead to M&A opportunities - structures and trends
- How will the IBC affect overseas investors?
Cyril Shroff, managing partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas ( moderator )
Aarti Raghavan , vice president investor relations and corporate finance, Vedanta
Shuva Mandal, group general counsel, Tata Sons
Mohit Batra , executive director, ICICI Venture
Sudarshan Ramakrishnan , managing director, Goldman Sachs
L. Viswanathan , partner (chair - finance, projects & bankruptcy), Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
11.25 Networking and coffee break
11.40 Sector Focus: Tech M&A
- Why has tech M&A in India picked up in 2018?
- Trends and opportunities, including mid-sized startup M&As on the rise
- AI, blockchain and other areas/sectors strategic investors are looking into
- What do potential acquirers need to be aware of- increased competition from PE firms and strategic buyers
- What are the aspects of the proposed data protection framework and how will this affect businesses in the region?
Mohit Saraf , senior partner, L&L Partners ( moderator )
Attreyi Mukherjee, senior corporate counsel, Tata Industries
Shankar Jadhav , head of strategy legal commercial, BSE India
Tarun Mathur , commercial counsel India (global legal), Huntsman International
Amber Gupta , head - legal and company secretary, Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
Pankaj Naik , executive director and co-head, Digital & Technology, Avendus Capital
12.30 Cross border M&A: domestic focus, consolidation and more
- Outlook of 2018 so far, including big-ticket acquisitions and consolidations
- Why has outbound M&A declined in the past year?
- Why has there been a focus on domestic markets in 2017-2018? Will this trend continue in the year ahead?
- Is there a need for further consolidation in certain sectors to boost M&A transactions in the region? (For example, Reliance and Aircel)
Vikas Dawra , group president & global head, investment banking, Yes Securities ( moderator )
Christopher Krishnamoorthy , senior general manager, group legal, Mahindra & Mahindra
Raj Shroff, director, Aarayaa
Abhinav Surana, senior legal counsel, Tata Sons
13.20 Networking lunch
14.10 Navigating the healthcare market in India
- Challenges that the sector has been facing, including regulatory clampdown and pricing pressures
- What are the key considerations and markets to look out for when investing in this sector?
- Anti-Corruption risks in healthcare deals, recent enforcement trends, and key steps to mitigate risk
- Discussion of trends in cybersecurity and data privacy issues and protection of health and other personal data
- Private equity buyouts exits in the Indian healthcare sector via M&As
Geoffrey Burgess, partner, Debevoise & Plimpton ( moderator )
Tapan Pati, director and senior legal counsel, Johnson & Johnson
Shantanu Mukherjee, legal head, APAC and Japan, Lupin
Vivek Mittal , regional counsel – Middle East, Turkey, Africa and Indian sub-continent, Danaher Dx Companies
15.00 The state of private equity in India
- Deal trends and opportunities for PE investors in 2018-2019 – investments, exits, fundraising
- Preferred investment mode – controlling or minority interest, JV, club deals, public market investments, etc.
- Trending areas such as infrastructure assets and large buyouts/distressed opportunities
- Trending sectors: consumer, e-commerce, startups, financial services
- Regulatory and market developments impacting investment
Uday Walia , partner, S&R Associates ( moderator )
Bhavna Thakur , head of capital markets, Everstone Capital
Vivek Chhachhi , partner, CX Partners
Himanshu Dodeja , managing director, Blackstone India
15.50 Networking and coffee break
16.05 The shifting Indian tax landscape
- Updates and changes to the tax landscape in India, and what impact this has on doing business in India and the M&A landscape
- What are the developments and teething issues surrounding the GST regime?
- How will the adoption of new laws incorporating BEPS plan agenda and GAAR affect multinationals operating in India?
Nipun Mudaliar, associate and legal counsel, Deutsche Bank ( moderator )
Kiran Nisar , general manager taxation, Maersk
Sukhpreet Pal Bhullar , AM - Finance, Ascendas Firstspace Development
Nitin Bhuwania , AVP- legal, Piramal Capital & Housing Finance
16.55 End of conference