Following Euromoney Legal Media Group's Women in Business Law Awards, IFLR returned to Hong Kong to host the 4th annual Women in Business Law Forum on April 27.
Featuring some of Asia's foremost legal practitioners, this interactive event examined best practices and innovation around mentoring, personal branding, work life balance, diversity, and breaking the glass ceiling.
The event included some of Asia's leading women general counsel and private practice lawyers who shared their personal stories with the audience. Unlike many events that are aimed at only partner and general counsel level individuals, this event welcomed men and women at all levels of their career with an aim to provide an inclusive debate around building the talent pipeline and to promote the growth of diversity and inclusion initiatives in Asia.
Delegates were able to:
- Hear the personal stories of leading lawyers about their career progression
- Learn effective strategies for building a personal brand online and in person
- Understand the role of mentoring and sponsorship in developing your legal career
- Gain an insight on how to improve your work-life balance
- Map out the most effective methods to build a diverse pipeline of talent in your organisation
- Bankers' counsel
- Corporate counsel
- Private practice partners
- Private practice associates
- Other professional services