Tax issues to consider before doing business in India: a guide for foreign investors
- How will India’s long-awaited GST affect overseas investors?
- The India-Mauritius Tax Treaty and its effects on foreign investors
- Demonetisation - its impact on taxation in India and what investors need to be aware of now
- What special considerations in cross-border deals do foreign investors need to take into account?
Prospects for FDI into India: an overview
- What are some of the opportunities and challenges faced by investors investing into India?
- What does the relaxation of FDI norms for various sectors mean for investors?
- Hot sectors and trends in the year to come
- Regulatory and legal changes in the past 12 months and how this affects doing business in India
- What’s new: an update on the legal and regulatory background in the past 12 months including changes to the bankruptcy, infrastructure and employment laws
- M&A appetite in Indonesia and top sectors
- An update on the foreign investment landscape including changes to the negative investment list
- Best practices in Indonesian compliance/regulatory investigations
- FDI update: ease of doing business in Vietnam and developments in investment laws, including increasing foreign ownership limits and potentially establishing special economic zones in the region
- Proposed changes to M&A laws in Vietnam: how will this affect deal flow in the region?
- Top sectors to look out for: real estate, manufacturing, tech
- Corruption risk in Vietnam—what should businesses and investors be aware of?
M&A in Singapore and beyond: trends and practical tips
- Investing in ASEAN: trends/legal updates/key jurisdictions
- Cross-border deals and interest rates affecting the price of transactions in the region
- Downbeat markets in China and India: how will this affect crossborder M&A in the region?
- Developments and outlook for private equity deals in Southeast Asia
- How to build a successful exit strategy in Southeast Asia
- What do you do when a deal goes wrong?
An update on IPOs in the region: where should you list?
- An update on the IPO situation across the APAC region
- Listing venues in Singapore, Hong Kong and beyond: where to go for your company’s IPO?
- Preparing your company for an IPO: what to consider
- Alternative listing venues to watch
Developments in alternative dispute resolution
- Expedited Procedure under the ICC, SIAC and HKIAC Rules: an update
- Enforcement along the One Belt One Road initiative
- Arbitration and mediation from a user’s perspective: preferences and factors that cause them to choose between one or the other
- Developments in arbitration, litigation and mediation across the region, including the Mediation Bill and third party funding
- Cross-border issues in handling insolvency and restructuring proceedings: effects of the new Singapore bankruptcy law
Data Security/data protection compliance in Singapore
- How can companies achieve legal and risk compliance whilst balancing innovation?
- Reforms in EU data protection rules– how may this affect laws in the region?
- The role of the lawyer in light of disruptors threatening traditional business models
- The impact of regtech/fintech on legal and compliance
Navigating compliance and anti-corruption rules in an increasingly complex business environment
- Singapore regulatory crackdowns, including the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s money-laundering investigation
- KYC and anti-money laundering updates in the region
- Data-driven compliance and regulatory concerns, including compliance issues regarding data storage and retention
- Anti-corruption enforcement- what are some practical tips on how to protect your company?