The annual IFLR European In-house Counsel Summit is returning for its fifth year to London on January 26, 2017.
In its five year history, an average of over 220 in-house counsel from top European corporates (public and private) and UK and European-based banks meet to discuss matters relating to financial law, including M&A, capital markets, liability management and competition.
As with prior years, the 2017 event is set to be bigger than the year before and the topics are designed to help corporates entering financial markets and activity and their advisors. Due to increased liquidity (and preferential exchange rates post-Brexit), European M&A is still providing opportunities despite a slowdown. There is also a range of financing options with alternative providers offering lending to match the cov-lite issuing banks.
Alongside these topics, the Summit will navigate through:
- Analysis on the state of the Capital Markets Union
- How to integrate UK Corporate Governance Code compliance to international business
- How to narrow the valuation gap in M&A deals
- The UK competition regime post-Brexit
- How to manage legal privilege and internal communications in disputes
- How to interpret your liquidity and decide on the best route for accessing funds
- Interactive sessions on whistleblowing, data protection and making legal a business
The programme has been developed in conjunction with general counsel from top corporates and banks and will deliver an update on a range of legal and commercial issues that in-house counsel face on a daily basis.
Reserve your place today.
Who you will meet:
- General counsel
- Heads of legal
- Corporate counsel
- Company secretaries
- Chief legal officers
- Private practice lawyers