IFLR held the fourth annual Women in Business Law Forum: Building the Talent Pipeline on June 16 2016 in London. This conference featured some of the UK’s greatest legal thinkers in an interactive one day forum. It covered best practices and innovation around the importance of mentoring, business development at all levels, networking and leadership to develop delegates' career or practice.
Europe’s leading women general counsel shared their personal journeys through their legal career and challenges they have overcome. In addition to partner and general counsel level individuals, we welcomed men and women at all levels of their career to foster an all-inclusive debate around the talent pipeline as well as create a network of partners, mentors and successful women.
IFLR will produce a post event report which will be distributed to attendees. The report will include talent management recommendations and case studies of interest to banks, corporates and law firms.
Download this year's brochure
Benefits of attending:
- Hear personal stories from some of Europe’s leading general counsel on how they succeeded in their career
- Examine the role and styles of leadership throughout your career path
- Consider the effect of mentoring, sponsorship and coaching and how these improve your skill sets
- Understand the importance of the male role in creating diversity within the organisation
- Attend practical interactive workshops to help develop talent management skills in your organisation
- Share innovative practice around building the talent pipeline within an organisation
- Work with your peers to put together to come up with viable solutions around retaining female talent at the workplace
This forum welcomed men and women within the law at all levels of their career. The aim of the day was to create and share innovative practice around building the talent pipeline within an organisation. Delegates attending included:
- Bankers’ counsel
- Corporate counsel
- Private practice partners
- Private practice associates
- Other professional services
Testimonials from 2015’s forum:
“Forum was extremely good, nothing to improve, congratulations!”
“I found this event was very helpful and have picked up many tips to implement in our own women’s network.”
“I am leaving today with a new energy for my career.”
“I really enjoyed and was surprised to see such practical topics (e.g. interacting with clients).”
“I really enjoyed being able to discuss with other women and obtain their views of topics which are relevant to my position. Breakout sessions were great. Fantastic insight into various career paths, hints and tips.”
“The opportunity to hear the personal experiences of highly successful female lawyers and how they have carved their careers was hugely beneficial.”
Women in Business Law Group
Join the IFLR Women in Business Law Group. The group was developed with the aim of sharing best practice, providing networking opportunities and enabling the talent pipeline to flourish. To learn more please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to join, visit: www.iflr.com/WIBLGroup.
Members of the network are able to attend the IFLR Women in Business Law Forum event free of charge.